“This wonderful artist is an inspiration to us all...”
"Days To Recall: An Evening With Justin Hines" features the unforgettable Justin Hines, along with full orchestral accompaniment, performing original songs and familiar tunes from the folk music era. Powerful vocals and vibrant stage presence make Justin a captivating performer, inspiring and uplifting his audience with his signature folk-pop blend of light-hearted music with a positive message. Shot before a live audience in Toronto, this 60 minute PBS special (90 minute pledge event), is an emotional ride complete with upbeat, empowering tracks such as “Courage (Come Out To Play),” and heartbreaking ballads such as “Momentarily,” off his upcoming album.
I've Got A Name / Tell Me / Just The Same / Come Around / Fire and Rain / Now There's You /
Wish You Well / Momentarily / I Want You / For It's You / Days To Recall / Say What You Will / Song For The Mira / Courage
Justin Hines: Days to Recall is available for pledge August 2011 from PBS.
• Born into a musical family, with an innate sense that music is as essential as breathing.
As a little boy, he’d sit in front of an old jukebox for hours, listening to classic recordings by artists including James Taylor, Willie Nelson, Cat Stevens, Jim Croce and Harry Chapin.
• First gig was in front of 17,000 people. Competing against hundreds of entrants, 14-year-old Justin was picked to sing the Canadian national anthem at a Toronto Raptors game.
• Has released 3 albums. Hit single "Say What You Will" became the #1 downloaded singer/songwriter track within 48 hours of online release.
• Possessed of an unflagging spirit, Justin copes with a rare genetic joint condition, which keeps him wheelchair-bound. “Sometimes people find it hard to understand why I would be so positive,” he explains. “I was born into my situation, I don’t know any different, and I feel very fortunate for my family and all the support that I have. I know my physical situation is a bit of an attention grabber, but as an artist and performer, it is my job to hold the audience’s attention, and let the music speak for itself.”
“Heartwarming, courageous, inspirational,
poignant, tender and bittersweet.”
• Companion CD & DVD with bonus footage.
• Tour Tickets and meet & greets will be available for pledge.
“A role model for his positive outlook
and inspirational words”
‘Days to Recall’ – Album Info
• The first single, “Tell Me I’m Wrong” was mixed by Dave Way (Pink, Paul McCartney, Sheryl Crow)
in Los Angeles and produced in Miami by Demo Castellon (Timbaland, Rihanna, Enrique Iglesias)
• 1st single “Tell Me I’m Wrong”
• ‘Days To Recall’ will support MusicCounts.
18 months in the career of Justin Hines
• Justin performed at the Beijing Olympic and Paralympics as well as the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic games in Vancouver and Whistler.
• Justin's song Courage was licensed by the Province of Ontario as the theme for all provincial torch events (approx 35) and was the torchbearer representing Ontario at Parliament Hill.
• Justin was the face and voice of the Ontario Tourism’s advertising campaigns.
• Justin's song "Say What You Will" was one of the most shared videos on Sympatico/MSN. Video concept has been duplicated in many countries/continents
• Justin helped raise funds for children in need by repelling down a 33 storey building in a wheelchair in San Diego.
• Justin's personal campaigning, the "Say What You Will" initiative, is in support of renovating schools in South Africa and he also seeks to raise funds for the Stephen Leacock Foundation for Children.
•Justin’s song “Say What You Will” was remixed by a South African group and charted as #1 across the Eastern Cape for 3 weeks. The song became theme for the “Justinspired” Campaign that caused the renovation of 20 impoverished township schools in 11 days. A documentary chronicling the campaign is in production.
• 2009 Rick Hansen Award of Excellence.
• Roger Abbot and Don Ferguson Award for Achievement in the Performing Arts
• YTV Achievement Award for Best Performance in a Variety program
• FACTOR Breakthrough Artist of the Year
• Gemini Award nominations